Friday, September 3, 2010

GOODBYE

I didn’t want to say goodbye,

I turned so you wouldn’t see me cry,

I don’t want our friendship to die,
When you said you were leaving, I thought it was a lie.

I waved goodbye, though my heart was with pain,
What if I never see you again?
My tears were falling like mid-summer rain
The fact that you left is such a shame.

The way you spoke was like you had no care,
When I had a problem, you were the one who was there,
You said goodbye, it just isn’t fair,
Watching you leave was a nightmare.

I walked away; you didn’t know it was true,
You are the best and I’m going to miss you.
Right now the sky is grey but soon it will be blue,
One day, somehow, you’ll know the truth.

My poem is a scar; it made my tears flow,
I just thought you needed to know.
I didn’t want you to leave; I wish you didn’t go,
I have no more to say, I won’t let my pain show.

No comments:

Post a Comment